Tropical Coast Languages
Plaza de la Fabriquilla, Edif.
18690 Almuñécar, Granada
Tfno./Fax: +34 958.88.05.84
Director: Juan Carlos Martínez
- TCLanguages is the only Instituto Cervantes accredited teaching centre in Almuñecár.
- We are open all year round.
- We have 5 air-conditioned classrooms, all with plenty of natural light and fully-equipped with TV, video, DVD and all the necessary audio and CD equipment.
- Our courses (except those for teenagers and for teachers of Spanish) start on any Monday at any level (including beginners) and have a minimum duration of one week.
Apart from the courses, other services we offer are:
- A programme of activities which combines language instruction and practice within a variety of contexts.
- Accommodation: Shared Apartment; Home-stay accommodation (half or full board); booking of hotels, hostels, etc.
- Pick-up service from Malaga and Granada airports.
- Other services free of charges are:
- Language Test.
- Welcome pack.
- Attendance and Aptitude (only upon request and after the completion of a TCLanguages exam) Certificate.
- Internet access and WiFi.
- Book, Video and DVD library with loan service.
- Student’s card with discounts in different shops.
TCLanguages is located on the beautiful and unique Tropical Coast of Granada, with average temperatures ranging between 20ºC in winter and 30ºC in summer. Phoenicians, Romans, Arabs and finally Christians have left their traces in many archaeological remains throughout the town and along the coast nearby being one of the highlights the Moorish Castle of San Miguel which overlooks Almuñécar and its coastline.
Its 19 Kms. of beaches and the proximity of the mountains are perfect for the practice of water and open air adventure sports such as scuba diving, windsurfing, paragliding, trekking or skiing in Sierra Nevada. The school, founded in 1992, is situated in the heart of Almuñécar’s old town and pedestrian precinct. We are only a minute’s walk from the beach, shops, restaurants and bars, and close to the accommodation we offer.
In our school, learning Spanish comes with all the quality control guarantees: we offer a wide range of courses, all of them in reduced groups (max. 8 students per class, 10 from June to September), carried out with a communicative and flexible methodology designed to meet the different learning profiles of our students, no matter their age, profession or walk of life.
The good location of the town, the ample offer of quality services we offer together with the familiar, reliable and personalised treatment we give our students make our school a centre you can trust and a great place to learn Spanish.
COURSES OFFEROur Spanish language courses are organized according to the Instituto Cervantes Syllabus and the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (Council of Europe) levels (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 & C2) and competences, being the following:
Intensive courses, 4 and 5 classes / day.
Superintensive course, 6 classes / day.
Combined course, 4 classes in group + 1 individual / day.
Grammar or Conversation courses, 2 classes / day.
Preparatory courses for D.E.L.E., 5 classes / day.
- For Seniors: 2 classes / day.
- For Teenagers: package including: course, accommodation, pick-up service, programme of activities, excursion, certificate, monitor, 24 hour emergency telephone.
- For E/LE Teachers: 2 weeks, 4 classes / day.
- E/LE Teacher Training: 2, 4 or 6 weeks, 4 classes /day
- For Groups (personalized courses).
Hispanic Studies Courses
Spanish Literature, Culture and History courses: 2 classes / day.
Specific Purposes Courses
Preparatory courses for the Madrid Commerce Chamber’s Certificates and Diplomas of: Commercial Spanish, Medical Spanish and Spanish for Tourism: 2 classes / day.